[llvm-dev] An alternative way to resolve complex LSR solutions (need perf testing)

David Green via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Feb 23 04:01:11 PST 2017

Hello,

I originally missed this email, but we did notice the results in our internal benchmarks. Some results are up, some are down, as you might expect. A good place to start for results would be the LNT results here:
http://llvm.org/perf/db_default/v4/nts/daily_report/2017/2/21?day_start=16

They show Shootout-C++/matrix-c++ down, and internally we see Shootout/matrix is down in more configurations. We have some other internal benchmarks with similar code patterns to the matrix results being down too. They look like they have similar nested for loop and similar access patterns.

We don't have compile time numbers handy, but the LNT results above seem to show them near the bottom. They can sometimes be noisy, but hopefully may be of help.
Dave