[llvm-dev] Users of MIPS and PowerPC backends in production-class projects?

Nemanja Ivanovic via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Feb 22 02:56:11 PST 2017

For PowerPC, common uses are on little endian systems running Linux. The
ABI used on such systems is the ELF v2 ABI and both the GNU linker and GOLD
are in widespread use as far as I'm aware. Big endian systems running Linux
are somewhat common but they use the ELF v1 ABI and mostly the GNU linker.
I will defer to Hal Finkel (on Cc) for use on larger distributed systems as
well as to others for use of the PowerPC back end on 32-bit and embedded
processors.

On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 10:48 AM, ardi via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org