[llvm-dev] [lld] elf linker creates undefined empty symbol

Rui Ueyama via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Feb 21 13:42:53 PST 2017

It's scary to run the binary on my machine (and I don't have a sandbox at
the moment), so I cannot actually run it, but there are a few things you
can do.

First of all, "symbol lookup error" is not LLD's error message. It's likely
an error message of the dynamic linker. Try running it with `LD_VERBOSE=1
LD_TRACE_LOADED_OBJECTS=1` or something. Refer `man ld.so` for other
dynamic linker debug options.