[llvm-dev] LLVM nightly installer for Windows is missing lldb's python35.dll

Ryan Gonzalez via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Feb 20 13:38:14 PST 2017

Hello!

After having a large feud with gdb, I decided to switch over to lldb under
Windows like I already had under Linux. However, when I installed it using
the 64-bit LLVM nightly installer, it kept crashing upon startup. Popping
it in WinDbg (oh the irony) showed that it was trying to load Python35.dll,
but it was loading the 32-bit version I had installed separately.

The fix was simple: download the Python 3.5 binary ZIP and copy
python35.dll to the LLVM bin directory.

TL;DR: The nightly installer is missing python35.dll, meaning that lldb
will try to use the first one it comes across, regardless of whether or not
it's the right architecture.

--
Ryan (ライアン)
Yoko Shimomura > ryo (supercell/EGOIST) > Hiroyuki Sawano >> everyone else