[llvm-dev] Question on GlobalISel Intermediate invariants

Kumail Ahmed via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Feb 20 09:53:12 PST 2017

Hi Kristof and Daniel,

Thank you for your help. This is exactly what I was looking for. :)

Best Regards,

Kumail Ahmed

On 20 Feb 2017 5:38 p.m., "Daniel Sanders" <daniel_l_sanders at apple.com>
wrote:

Hi,

There's also -print-machineinstrs which prints the MIR between each backend
pass.

> I'm not aware of a clang option to dump out IR between specific passes.

You can pass options to the backend using -mllvm followed by the backend
option. For example:
   clang -S hello.cpp -mllvm -print-after-all

llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> Hi Kumail,
>
> I'm not aware of a clang option to dump out IR between specific passes.
> I think the one way to do it is to let clang generate llvm-ir, and feed
that into llc, and let llc print out the IR after the pass you're
interested in, e.g.:
> clang t.c -o- -S  -emit-llvm | llc -global-isel -print-after=irtranslator
>
> If you want to see how the IR evolves after each pass, you can use the
llc command line option -print-after-all.

> Is this what you were looking for?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kristof
>

>> On 20 Feb 2017, at 15:14, Kumail Ahmed via llvm-dev <
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

>> Hello,
>>
>> I just started using the GlobalISel framework.
>>
>> Is there a way to emit all intermediate invariants from IRTranslator to
Instrution-Selection in a single instruction? It will be really handy. I
mean something like '-save-temps' in clang.