[llvm-dev] LLVM GSOC Projects Criteria Consultation

vivek pandya via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Feb 17 11:03:21 PST 2017

Hello All,

I have participated in GSoC 2016 under LLVM.org. I would like to add few
points to increase proposal quality.

As Davide said some times it becomes hard for new comer (with great
proposal) to even understand the developing and build environment so to
handle that I would suggest to have some simple coding assignments to be
given with each project so that we can make sure an applicant will be able
to work with desired set of codebase. (Same thing is used by boost.org)

We can use community bonding time to get student familiar with phabricator
by just making them create some dummy patch and get experienced with any
other relevant things like running clang-format tool etc.

-Vivek