[llvm-dev] Green Dragon network issues

Mike Edwards via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Feb 16 11:40:09 PST 2017

Hello,
I wanted to take a moment to address the recent increase in node connection
failures during Green Dragon CI builds.  As you may now know, Green Dragon
nodes keep dropping offline during builds, resulting in error emails being
sent out incorrectly.  Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do
immediately to mitigate this issue.  After reviewing the logs from our
switch it appears we have ethernet ports flapping which may be the cause of
the connection drops.  We are in the process of ordering some replacement
equipment to see if we can isolate the problem a bit more in hopes of
getting to a root cause.  The random nature of the drops does not aid in
the investigation and will make for a much slower process than we all would
care for.  We are working on this problem actively, it is a top priority
and we are very aware of the annoyance the noise is causing folks.  I would
like to personally apologize for the inconvenience this is causing
everyone.  We hope to get this resolved as soon as possible.  Thank you for
your continued patience and understanding.

Respectfully,
Mike Edwards