[llvm-dev] (RFC) Adjusting default loop fully unroll threshold

Kristof Beyls via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Feb 14 11:36:41 PST 2017

I've run the patch on https://reviews.llvm.org/D28368 on the test-suite and other benchmarks, for AArch64 -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer, both for Cortex-A53 and Cortex-A57.

The geomean over the few hundred programs in there is roughly the same for Cortex-A53 and Cortex-A57: a bit over 1% improvement in execution speed for a bit over 5% increase in code size.
Obviously I wouldn't want this for optimization levels where code size is of any concern, like -Os or -Oz, but don't have a problem with this going in for other optimization levels where this isn't a concern.

Thanks,

Kristof