[llvm-dev] HOW TO ACCESS THE LHS PART OF LOAD/ALLOCA INSTRUCTION.

Jeremy Lakeman via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Feb 14 01:13:38 PST 2017

In memory, "c" is the name of the AllocaInst object. The LoadInst has no
name, so is printed with a sequential number.
Both of which you might discover by enumerating the instructions of the
basic block they exist within.

All Instructions inherit from Value. Anywhere that you need to supply a
Value*, you can supply the result of an Instruction by simply providing the
pointer to the Instruction.

Perhaps you should spend some more time reading the documentation available
online;
http://llvm.org/docs/index.html