[llvm-dev] RFC: A new llvm-dlltool driver and llvm-lib driver improvements

Rui Ueyama via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Feb 13 18:21:46 PST 2017

The code in LLD is somewhat tightly coupled with the rest of the linker.
Probably it is better to create a new library rather than trying to split
LLD into two. I believe this would result in a better API. Of course you
can reuse code, but what we need is a clean interface.

The library shouldn't be complicated. In fact, it would export only one
function.

  std::vector<uint8_t> createImportLibrary(std::vector<ExportSymbol>)

I.e. it takes a list of DLLExported symbols and returns a .lib file.
ExportSymbol type contains information about DLLExported symbols.