[llvm-dev] LLVM Bugzilla MOVED to bugs.llvm.org

Tanya Lattner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Feb 13 11:15:57 PST 2017

> On Feb 13, 2017, at 10:46 AM, Reid Kleckner <rnk at google.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks for migrating the bugzilla installation!
>
> I noticed that old https links to llvm.org/bugs <http://llvm.org/bugs> still trigger the SHA1 certificate warning, because we still haven't renewed the main llvm.org <http://llvm.org/> certificate. As time goes on, links to the old tracker location will become less common, but all existing links to the LLVM bug tracker are effectively broken. This also affects browsing the main llvm.org <http://llvm.org/> web site with https, which is where we post our releases.
>
> Does the LLVM foundation have plans to renew the primary llvm.org <http://llvm.org/> SSL certificate?
>
> I definitely support your efforts to migrate LLVM infrastructure away from UIUC, but it might be worth renewing the main certificate now to keep the existing site working.

The llvm.org SSL certificate will be revoked and a new one will be issued. Because that certificate is used for SVN as well as llvm.org, we would like to keep the disruptions at a minimum for SVN users. SVN is relocating to the new server (where other websites and bugzilla moved to).

UIUC owns the current certificate and instead of going through the path of trying to get it upgraded, it makes sense to just get a new one and revoke the old. But as I mentioned above, keeping our SVN users happy is my priority.

I’ll be sending out an email to communicate the upgrade path for SVN in the next day or 2.

-Tanya