[llvm-dev] LLVM Weekly - #163, Feb 13th 2017
Alex Bradbury via llvm-dev
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Feb 13 04:25:21 PST 2017
LLVM Weekly - #163, Feb 13th 2017
If you prefer, you can read a HTML version of this email at
Welcome to the one hundred and sixty-third issue of LLVM Weekly, a weekly
newsletter (published every Monday) covering developments in LLVM, Clang, and
related projects. LLVM Weekly is brought to you by [Alex
Bradbury](http://asbradbury.org). Subscribe to future issues at
<http://llvmweekly.org> and pass it on to anyone else you think may be
interested. Please send any tips or feedback to <asb at asbradbury.org>, or
@llvmweekly or @asbradbury on Twitter.
## News and articles from around the web
Videos from the recent FOSDEM LLVM devroom are [now
The majority of the slides for the LLVM performance workshop at CGO [have been
## On the mailing lists
* Dylan Mackay has shared a [status update on the AVR
* Serge Pavlov
that he has shared patches to implement a configuration file functionality for
Clang, and gives some extra explanation of its design choices.
* Eric Fiselier
a libcxx-config.py utility to help generate the flags needed to compile and
* Hans Wennborg is keen for [help filling out the 4.0.0 release
* Michael LeMay has posted an RFC on [using Intel MPX to harden
* Konstantin Zhuravlyov is looking for feedback on an RFC to [represent
address space information in
This RFC even comes with a series of five patches.
## LLVM commits
* A new PredicateInfo utility has been introduced. This uses extended SSA to
determine what operations are affected by a given predicate, and how
operations are affected by a chain of predicates.
* A new `llvm.ssa_copy` intrinsic has been introduced. This allows information
to be attached to operands by copying them and giving them new names.
* A few extra substitutions supported in LLVM inline asm have been documented.
* Diagnostics for inline assembly have been improved.
* The NVPTX code to expand memory intrinsics has been moved to
LowerMemIntrinsics, as a target-independent transform.
* Documentation for the Scudo hardened memory allocator has been updated.
* llvm-xray has gained support code for representing graphs.
* Hexagon instruction definitions have been replaced with auto-generated ones.
## Clang commits
* An initial prototype of clangd has been committed. This provides a server
interface to Clang functionality (currently just formatting).
* Clang can now generate debug info for C preprocessor macros using the
`-fdebug-macro` flag. [r294637](http://reviews.llvm.org/rL294637).
* The full set of inline asm constraints are now supported for the AVR target.
* Support for deducing class template arguments via deduction-guides was
* The safety-no-assembler check will warn if there is any inline assembler
usage (which is disallowed by a number of safety-critical coding standards).
## Other project commits
* The process for building libcxx on Windows has been documented.
* LLD gained support for the `--emit-relocs` command-line option.
* The dependency handling in LLDB's CMake build system has been cleaned up
More information about the llvm-dev