[llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] [Release-testers] [4.0.0 Release] Release Candidate 2 has been tagged

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Feb 10 03:56:11 PST 2017

On 10 February 2017 at 11:38, Pavel Labath via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> All I can say is these tests did not exist in 3.9, so I wouldn't call
> this a regression. (Well... technically, a similar test existed, but
> it was run by a different test runner which I believe is not hooked up
> to the command you are running).

We're on a similar state for libc++ / openmp / lld on ARM and AArch64.

libc++ works well on ARM and AArch64, but some of the tests fail
(always have), and I think Eric said it has to do with how we run them
or which ones should be disabled.

LLD works well on AArch64 but not yet on ARM (though there were no
test failures this time). OpenMP kind of works, but there are many
failures, which we won't look into this cycle.

Regardless of that state, we though it was a good idea to ship it as
an experimental status, so that people can try out and report bugs.
All the components above are included in both ARM and AArch64
releases.

Hans,

Do you think we should have a table of production vs. experimental
quality per target on the release notes, so that users know what to
expect? Or should we just let users know that when they report bugs?

cheers,
--renato