[llvm-dev] when will LLD be included with LLVM releases?

Sean Silva via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Feb 3 18:58:23 PST 2017

I think that LLD is going to be included in the 4.0 release. At least,
we've been cherry-picking fixes into the release branch. I've CC'd some
others that will know the details.

Also, one thing to keep in mind is that the different platforms (ELF, COFF,
and MachO) are in different states of completeness, so depending on your
target platform (but not host platform!) you may have discrepancies.
Anecdotally, the ELF port is most actively developed/extensively tested
(builds significant fraction of all the packages in major open-source
package systems, self-hosts), followed by COFF (builds Chromium,
self-hosts), followed by MachO.

-- Sean Silva