[llvm-dev] Status of AAP (Embecosm's demonstration architecture)?

Ed Jones via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Feb 2 03:57:56 PST 2017

We are still working on AAP, and I have been intermittently updating
the patches merging in changes from upstream. The backend in the
submitted patches has all of the basic functionality we need, so there
haven't been many changes to make to it other than fixing bugs and
making changes suggested by reviewers.

The AAP in the patches is quite simple, but our aim is to add
interesting features over time to improve generic LLVM. For example,
at the moment I am experimenting with changing AAP to add support for
non-octet chars (making the smallest addressable unit a 16-bit word).
This won't go in the initial patches but will build on AAP.

As for your architecture question:

The diagram is misleading. We actually only have one 64kB data memory
and one 16MW code memory, and instructions can only access the data
memory. I'll get the diagram fixed.

Thanks,
Ed