[llvm-dev] Question about versioning of LVVM IR

Stanislav Pankevich via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Feb 2 01:21:26 PST 2017

Hi Mehdi,

Thanks for the link. I knew about it but re-reading was useful in my case :)

Now we are specifically careful about what versions we use to build the IR
and then run it. Most common case before that was that we ran Orc JIT API
from the latest source tree against .ll fixtures we built and stored before
with earlier stable versions of LLVM.

My question was mainly about if it would make sense to LLVM developers to
make the error message more explicit about the reasons of why IR is failing.

Stanislav