[llvm-dev] SafeStack on ARM platform

via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Feb 1 08:17:40 PST 2017

Hi,

I would like to use SafeStack sanitize option on ARM platform. Since Linux libc does not implement such functionality (in opposite to FreeBSD or Android), I need to use SafeStack compiler RT library. Unfortunately I've noticed that libclang_rt.safestack is not compiled/built for ARM platform. Looking into cmake file:
"set(ALL_SAFESTACK_SUPPORTED_ARCH ${X86} ${X86_64} ${ARM64} ${MIPS32}"
ARM32 is not there. My question is why? Is it due to some memory consumption reasons?

BTW. If I add ARM32 there, libclang_rt.safestack is built for ARM without problems. Then I can compile some application and run it on the ARM platform, also without any issues (at least with simple apps).

Regards,
Michal