[llvm-dev] Submitting patches for LLVM -- llvm-commits vs. Phabricator?

Shoaib Meenai via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Dec 30 19:49:08 PST 2017

Yup, Phabricator is generally preferred for patches.

From: llvm-dev <llvm-dev-bounces at lists.llvm.org> on behalf of Christoph Kindl via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org>
Date: Saturday, December 30, 2017 at 7:22 PM
To: "llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org" <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org>
Subject: [llvm-dev] Submitting patches for LLVM -- llvm-commits vs. Phabricator?

Hi,

I've recently submitted a patch to llvm-commits (as requested by https://llvm.org/docs/DeveloperPolicy.html#making-and-submitting-a-patch) and the mailing list answered with a notice that my message is held for moderator approval (with the reason: "Post by non-member to a members-only list"). I'm therefore wondering if I should've submitted my patch via Phabricator instead (looking at the activity in llvm-commits, it seems that most of the patches are submitted and reviewed by Phabricator).

Best regards,
Chris