[llvm-dev] Bootstrapping LLVM+LLD with GCC toolchain failure

S. Jacobi via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Dec 26 03:00:54 PST 2017

Hello,
I have a working GCC toolchain and wanted to use LLVM tooling instead.
Following the instructions on the website I set up my build directory
and have lld as an internal project under tools/. I'd like to make use
of lld in stage 2 of the build and thought -DLLVM_ENABLE_LLD was the
correct option to pass. However, adding this options makes the
configure step fail, complaining that the compiler (GCC) does not
support -fuse-ld=lld.
Is it possible, and if yes - how, to set up a 2-stages build to compile
LLVM, Clang and LLD so that in stage 2, only LLVM tools are part of the
build process?

Kind regards