[llvm-dev] Contributing to LLVM

Rohit Shinde via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Dec 26 02:59:36 PST 2017

Hi Florian, Peter,

Thanks for the prompt replies. I have a few questions though.

What amount of compiler knowledge would be required to pick up one of the
bigger pieces of work?

I looked through some of the bugs and I intend to start with one of the
Scalar optimization bugs. The ones that start with "Missed optimization in
math expression: ... ". What do I need to read up on to get to speed on
this? I also saw that it is already assigned to someone. So if that person
is actively working on it, I'll pass it up, but if not, then I would like
to work on it. It looks like a good way to get familiar with the code base.

Thanks,
Rohit.