[llvm-dev] Contributing to LLVM

Rohit Shinde via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Dec 24 05:56:02 PST 2017

Hello all,

I am a grad student looking to get my hands wet contributing to LLVM. I
have done an undergrad course in Compilers. I have some knowledge of
parsers, code generation, optimization, IR and other topics taught in an
undergrad course. I have worked through quite a bit of the dragon book. Is
there a guide to get newbie devs up to speed on the process of
contributing? Do I just build the project, fix the bugs and build it again?
Is there any other workflow?

Also, are there any bugs that have been labelled for newcomers? And what
level of knowledge would I need to start contributing to/fixing bugs?

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Rohit.