[llvm-dev] Dominator tree side effect or intentional

Leijsten, G.H.P. via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Dec 21 05:08:00 PST 2017

Hi Kuba,

Thanks for clearing that up.

Now I see the following behaviour: when I visit the nodes of the root (A in this case), its children have the nice property that B and C come before D. This is actually what I want, but is this on purpose, or not? It is kind of hard to proof that B and C come before D when iterating through the children of the root in this dominator tree.
After some time, I can contradict the above statement (that I wrote in Oktober) with a yuv2rgb benchmark and the children of a dominator tree or the successors of a basic block are indeed unordered like you said already.

Kind regards,
Guus Leijsten