[llvm-dev] Question about : lprofValueProfNodes

Moshtaghi, Alireza via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Dec 19 17:16:44 PST 2017

Thank you
So it does not seem to be relevant for what I’m trying to do.
I’m doing something unconventional.
The objective is to implement PGO and code coverage on a system that does not exit and does not have any file io, or any of  stdc libraries that libclang-profile is using. (more like a kernel)
So what I’m trying to do is instead of calling __llvm_profile_write_file () from the application, read the sections __llvm_prf_data, __llvm_prf_names, __llvm_prf_cnts and __llvm_prf_vnds after the critical tasks are done and transfer them to outside of the system.
Then dump these sections in a char * array in a c file and attribute them to be in the associated section.  Then compile that file with –u__llvm_profile_runtime to create an executable that calls __llvm_profile_write_file to dump my profraw data.

Sofar, I’m able to do the mechanics but seems like something is going wrong because because fprofile-instr-use does not find profile data for the source files.

Any suggestion?

Thanks