[llvm-dev] Removing constants from a constant array?

Nicolai Davidsson via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Dec 17 17:10:21 PST 2017

I can access the array through a GlobalVariable and set the variable's initializer, creating a new array should be doable but I’d still rather avoid doing so if possible.

The array contains pairs of strings and function pointers and is used by an interpreter and I’d like to remove some of them to limit the interpreter’s functionality.

If I replace the pair with an undefined value pair (i.e. both values are NULL), the interpreter stops scanning the array and further pairs are ignored (I can’t change that behavior). Removing only the string or function pointer doesn’t work either, the interpreter checks if either of the values is NULL and throws a runtime error.

Replacing the function pointer with a pointer to an empty function works but I’d rather erase the pairs entirely.
I’ll probably try re-building the array and replacing the existing one and see if that works.

Thanks,
Nicolai