[llvm-dev] Immediates in intrinsics

Justin Hibbits via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Dec 17 20:26:55 PST 2017

I'm trying to add intrinsics for the Signal Processing Engine
(FPU/vector unit) on some PowerPC cores, but running into a problem.
Some of the instructions take an immediate operand, but I can't figure
out how to make the intrinsic use an immediate, it just wants to load
a register as an argument to the function.  Is there any way in the
.td file to describe the intrinsic as taking an immediate, or do I
need to generate an intermediate instruction identifier?

Thanks,
Justin