[llvm-dev] Unresolved symbols in compiler-rt

Jerker Bäck via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Dec 9 09:07:41 PST 2017

Update:

I successfully rebuilt my clang_rt.builtins-x86_64.lib using
clang and the
CRT_HAS_128BIT defined
and also used the -C7, -Zl and -nodefaultlib flags to get a complete non-dependency release library

As a sidenote I noticed that the LLVM binary repository libraries have the
/DEFAULTLIB:libcmt.lib
injected, which IMO is a bit of a problem. However, I don't think it's possible to set the -Zl compiler flag explicitly for static library builds, as it would require a kind of "static library compiler flag" Cmake variable. Seem to be a limitation of the build system, or? On the other hand I have not yet experienced any problem with these defaultlib dependencies. Perhaps clang is not using the /DEFAULTLIB linker flag?

Erik