[llvm-dev] [lldb-dev] [6.0.0 Release] Scheduling the release

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Dec 7 11:52:15 PST 2017

On 6 December 2017 at 21:06, Robinson, Paul via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> I'm very sympathetic to syncing upstream stabilization with internal
> processes; that said, branching so soon after New Year's Day (which
> I'd guess is celebrated essentially everywhere) seems like not such a
> great idea.  This is not a strong objection, more of an observation.

Hi Paul,

I'm curious as to what problems you're expecting... My reasoning (more
of a feeling) is that most people will refrain from controversial
changes just before the turn of the year, though I have no data points
to corroborate that. :)

cheers,
--renato