[llvm-dev] RFC: Adding 'no-overflow' keyword to 'sdiv'\'udiv'instructions

Agabaria, Mohammed via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Dec 7 00:08:07 PST 2017

>> Also, if your ISA has vector instructions that don't trigger UB on
>> e.g. division by zero, why don't you rely on this target-specific
>> information in the vectorizer instead?  I mean, you would still need
>> to add the attribute you are proposing, but you wouldn't change clang.
>I thought we generally tried to avoiding emitting target specific intrinsics in the vectorizer?

Just to comment here, in our first RFC we introduced generic masked div intrinsic (see http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2017-October/118257.html )
And we have been devised that representing that as IR flag would be a better idea.
Of course we try to avoid any target specific intrinsic in the vectorizer.