[llvm-dev] Adding a prologue to BB

Liad Mordekoviz via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Dec 6 04:59:00 PST 2017

Hello,
In the backend I'm working on there is a value to handle each BB separately,
Therefore I'd like to create a prologue for each BB and I was wondering
what would be the correct way to do such a thing (I know there is a
emitPrologue hook, but it's per function).
The way I've figured out so far are:
1. Making the EntryToken SDNode illegal and use the LowerOperation hook to
add things after that node without removing it.
2. Writing a custom pass that will iterate through all the BB's and add a
prologue to them.

I was wondering if there is any other way I've missed, and would like to
hear your opinion on the 2 ways I've found, thank you very much!