[llvm-dev] [LLD] Slow callstacks in gdb

Rui Ueyama via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Dec 5 13:28:30 PST 2017

On Tue, Dec 5, 2017 at 1:22 PM, Rafael Avila de Espindola <
rafael.espindola at gmail.com> wrote:

> Martin Richtarsky <s at martinien.de> writes:
>
> > Output looks as follows [1] Seems sh_offset is missing?
>
> That is what readelf prints as Off
>
> >   [17] .rela.text        RELA            0000000000000000 071423 001728
> 18
> >      1   4  8
>
> The offset of rela text should have been aligned, but it is not. Can you
> report a bug on icc? As a work around using the gnu assembler if
> possible should fix this.

Yeah this is a violation of the spec and must be a bug in ICC. That being
said, is there a practical benefit of checking the validity of the
alignment, except finding buggy object files early? I mean, if an object
file is in an static archive, all "aligned" data in the object file might
not be aligned against the beginning of the archive file.