[llvm-dev] [RFC] Function stack size section.

keita abdoul-kader via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 31 11:45:24 PDT 2017

Hello Sean,
I can't really comment on the implementation details ( optimization remarks
vs object section); But we would certainly be interested in a generic way
to extract stack size information.

On the subject of stack size, have you done any gcc vs llvm comparison ?
Last time we look at it, LLVM seems to generate larger stack size than gcc
(especially at higher inline thresholds) . I am curious if other people
have noticed the same thing.

Compiler Engineering @ Facebook,inc.