[llvm-dev] [RFC] Enhance Partial Inliner by using a general outlining scheme for cold blocks

keita abdoul-kader via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Aug 25 09:47:57 PDT 2017

Hello Graham,

We are also starting some work in the general direction of
outlining/function splitting using profiling information.  In our case, we
are focusing on splitting functions into smaller parts to allow for a
better code layout and thus better Icache/ITLB utilization.

It wasn't clear to me from your description what type of subgraphs those
cold regions would generate, and whether you would need to extend the code
in CodeExtractor.h/FunctionCloner  to support those.

Abdoul-kader keita,
Compiler Engineering @ Facebook, Inc

Thanks,