[llvm-dev] LLVM development trunk - code coverage - branch coverage missing

Friedman, Eli via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 24 12:53:21 PDT 2017

On 8/23/2017 10:45 AM, Ravi David via llvm-dev wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I could see the LLVM code coverage  info at the below links
>
> http://lab.llvm.org:8080/coverage/coverage-reports/clang/index.html
>
> http://llvm.org/reports/coverage/
>
> I am interested in the branch coverage metric.  I could not find the
> branch coverage related info .

http://llvm.org/reports/coverage/ is generated using lcov (on top of
LLVM's gcov emulation, I think?).  lcov has support for something it
calls "branch coverage", but it's buggy; when I tried to generate a
report with it enabled, it hung.

http://lab.llvm.org:8080/coverage/coverage-reports/clang/index.html is
generated using LLVM source-based code coverage
(https://clang.llvm.org/docs/SourceBasedCodeCoverage.html). Currently,
it doesn't have any support for decision coverage.

-Eli