[llvm-dev] llvm-mc-[dis]assemble-fuzzer status?

George Karpenkov via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Aug 22 16:21:21 PDT 2017

Hi,

As a part of a recent move of libFuzzer from LLVM to compiler-rt I am looking into updating the build code
for the libraries which use libFuzzer.

I have tried to compile llvm-mc-assemble-fuzzer, and llvm-mc-disassemble-fuzzer, and I couldn’t build either of those.
For the first one, the reason is that it refers to a nonexistent enum,
and for the second one I believe the reason is that it does not enclose LLVMFuzzerTestOneInput in “extern ‘C’”.

Are those libraries maintained and/or used?

If yes, the code should be compilable, and ideally there should be a buildbot.
If no, maybe we should remove it, or move it to a separate repository.

Thanks,
George

(sorry for starting multiple threads, I believe this way it is more convenient to keep track of tasks)