[llvm-dev] Emitting output file information in Debug Info Metadata

Zachary Turner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 21 15:17:40 PDT 2017

Hi all,

In an effort to improve compatibility on the CodeView debug info side, we
need to output a few new record types on the backend that don't seem to
have the necessary info tracked by the debug info metadata.  Specifically:

1) For each compile unit, we need to emit a record containing the output
file name (e.g. foo.obj)
2) For each compile unit, we need to emit a record containing the full
command line of the compiler invocation.

AFAICT, none of this information is in the debug info metadata.  I've done
a bunch of work on the backend of emitting debug info, but not so much on
the front end.  Where would be a good place to get started for looking into
this?