[llvm-dev] Apple radar references in the LLDB test suite

Ed Maste via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 14 08:27:22 PDT 2017

I was recently looking at an unexpected pass test result on FreeBSD[1]
which is decorated with expectedFailureAll referencing
rdar://problem/24599697. I'm looking for more details on this specific
radar bug report in order to determine if the test is not exercising
the original bug on FreeBSD, or if it's really an Apple-only issue.

As it's rather unfortunate to have a bug report reference for which no
further public details are available I looked at other radar
references in the test suite, and found 118 of them. Many of these are
in comments, in macosx-specific cases (e.g.
@expectedFailureAll(oslist=["macosx"], bugnumber="rdar://28805064")),
or in tests decorated with skipUnlessDarwin, and I've ignored those.

There are 10 tests with expected failure decorators, and one skipped,
that apply beyond macosx and reference a radar (and do not
additionally reference an LLVM PR). Can someone at Apple check these
radar references and submit LLVM PRs, reference existing PRs, add a
reasonable description in the test source, etc. as appropriate?

functionalities/watchpoint/variable_out_of_scope/TestWatchedVarHitWhenInScope.py
unittest2.expectedFailure("rdar://problem/18685649")

functionalities/asan/TestReportData.py
@expectedFailureAll(archs=['i386'], bugnumber="rdar://28658860")

api/multiple-debuggers/TestMultipleDebuggers.py
@expectedFailureAll(bugnumber="rdar://30564102")

lang/objc/bitfield_ivars/TestBitfieldIvars.py
decorators.expectedFailureAll(bugnumber="rdar://problem/17990991")])

lang/c/shared_lib/TestSharedLib.py
@unittest2.expectedFailure("rdar://problem/10704639")

lang/c/shared_lib_stripped_symbols/TestSharedLibStrippedSymbols.py
@unittest2.expectedFailure("rdar://problem/10381325")

lang/cpp/stl/TestSTL.py
@expectedFailureAll(bugnumber="rdar://problem/10400981")

lang/cpp/dynamic-value/TestCppValueCast.py
@unittest2.expectedFailure("rdar://problem/10808472 SBValue::Cast test
case is failing (virtual inheritance)")

lang/cpp/printf/TestPrintf.py
decorators.expectedFailureAll(bugnumber="rdar://problem/24599697")])

lang/cpp/function-template-parameter-pack/TestFunctionTemplateParameterPack.py
decorators.expectedFailureAll(bugnumber="rdar://problem/32096064")])

lang/cpp/unique-types/TestUniqueTypes.py
self.skipTest("rdar://problem/9173060 lldb hangs while running
unique-types for clang version < 3")

[1] http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/lldb-commits/Week-of-Mon-20170807/036634.html