[llvm-dev] How do I generate a combined .ll file from makefile or configure file?

Ketan Patil via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Aug 13 03:57:37 PDT 2017

I wrote a module pass to generate a call graph. I want to generate call
graph which would consist of all the functions like the functions in the
user code as well as the functions in the libraries.

To be more specific, I am working with binutils 2.26
https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/binutils/binutils-2.26.tar.gz

I want to generate the call graph for 'objdump'. The code of the objdump
would call some functions in the library 'libiberty' these called functions
in the library can call more internal functions inside the library.

I want a call graph which will include all such functions.

One way to do is that I can emit llvm code for all the files in the library
as well as the user code in separate .ll files. And then finally combine
them using llvm-link. But this may fail if there are dependencies here and
there. So can I do this systematically by making some changes in *configure
file* or *makefile* without disturbing any dependencies.

Any help is highly appreciated.
Thanks and regards
-Ketan Patil