[llvm-dev] LLVM (Cool/Warm) DOT Printers for Profiling

Sam Elliott via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 10 16:32:03 PDT 2017

Hi Rodrigo,

This work looks great and very valuable to those of us who use CFGs to diagnose optimisation issues.

Have you thought of trying to fold this into the existing LLVM -dot-cfg and -dot-cfg-only passes?  The optimisation remark infrastructure is using hotness information when it is available, it seems like it would be a good idea to add this to graph generation if hotness information is available there too.

I don't know how significant an amount of work that would be, but selfishly, I would find it a lot easier to use if it was in LLVM itself rather than having to build and load it as a plugin.

Sam

> On 13 Jul 2017, at 1:43 pm, Rodrigo Caetano Rocha via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have been working with profiling in LLVM and I was wondering if it would be interesting to upstream the following DOT Printers for Profiling Visualization:
> https://github.com/rcorcs/llvm-heat-printer <https://github.com/rcorcs/llvm-heat-printer>
>
> All suggestions are welcomed.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rodrigo Rocha