[llvm-dev] CUDA compilation "No available targets are compatible with this triple." problem

Xipeng Shen via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Aug 2 11:23:37 PDT 2017

Hi,

I have trouble compiling CUDA code with Clang. The following is a command I tried:

> clang++ axpy.cu -o axpy --cuda-gpu-arch=sm_35 --cuda-path=/usr/local/cuda

The error message is

error: unable to create target: 'No available targets are compatible with this triple.'

The info of the LLVM I'm using is as follows:

> lang++ --version

clang version 6.0.0 (http://llvm.org/git/clang.git 16a0981eccf1bfcc9ba928747aa825e8948791cd) (http://llvm.org/git/llvm.git 052dd78cb30f77a05dc8bb06b851402c4b6c6587)

Target: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

Thread model: posix

InstalledDir: /home/xshen5/llvm/bin

  Registered Targets:

    x86    - 32-bit X86: Pentium-Pro and above

    x86-64 - 64-bit X86: EM64T and AMD64

Any help I could get? Thanks!

-Xin