[llvm-dev] Is subclass of ScheduleDAGMILive a pre-RA scheduler?

陳韋任 via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Apr 25 04:37:05 PDT 2017

Hi, Matthias.

>From the class hierarchy, ScheduleDAGMILive is also a ScheduleDAGMI. I
am wondering if there will be any problem if
we use subclass of ScheduleDAGMILive as post-RA scheduler? The best
case is ScheduleDAGMILive just waste time
on book-keeping register pressure, but I am not sure if we can still
do those book-keeping after RA.

Talk about post-RA scheduler, I see there is another class
PostRASchedulerList whose DEBUG_TYPE is post-RA-sched.
I am wondering if that means we have two post-RA schedulers in LLVM
right now? Any particular difference between those
two classes, PostMachineScheduler and PostRASchedulerList?

Thanks.

Regards,
chenwj

--