[llvm-dev] LLVM pre-built installer package for windows

Reid Kleckner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Apr 17 13:32:35 PDT 2017

No, we don't provide any pre-built packages with headers and libs.

The main reason is that LLVM is typically statically linked. Distributing
the .libs bloats the size of the installation, which is already needlessly
large due to statically linking LLVM into various executables. Providing an
extra -dev package takes time and effort that we haven't spent.