[llvm-dev] Options for timing passes in LLVM?

Martin J. O'Riordan via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Apr 14 04:39:16 PDT 2017

Hi LLVM-Dev,

Are there any options that can be used to report the time each LLVM pass
takes to execute?  I am examining a program that now takes about 6 times
longer to compiler since we moved to the v4.0 sources from the v3.9 sources
(~54s to ~320s), and so far my investigation does not seem to point to our
additional target specific passes, so I would like to see where the time is
being spent.  If there are existing options already present for this kind of
thing, that would be very helpful.

Thanks,

            MartinO