[llvm-dev] Using a function from lib/Target/(any arch)/ in lib/ExecutionEngine/RuntimeDyld/

Lang Hames via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Apr 13 10:27:29 PDT 2017

Hi Siddharth,

As far as I know this is not currently possible. Current RuntimeDyld
implementations are all self-contained and do not reference code from their
targets.

Having RuntimeDyld depend on code from a custom target seems reasonable
though. It might be better in the long term if we moved all the
target-specific code out of ExecutionEngine and just provided registration
functions so that targets could register their respective RuntimeDyld
implementations with ExecutionEngine. This would be a significant refactor
though, and we'd want to sanity-check its impact on LLVM's library layering.

Cheers,
Lang.