[llvm-dev] Improve the performance of JamCRC

Scott Smith via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Apr 12 21:52:06 PDT 2017

Sorry, that last patch didn't handle endianness very well.  Here's an
updated patch that uses llvm::support::endian.  I assume unaligned input,
which is safer.  I have no idea whether one can expect aligned input to
this function.  It also wouldn't take much to process the first <=3 bytes
one at a time, then blast through assuming aligned reads, and then finish
up with another <=3 bytes.  Let me know if you prefer that.