[llvm-dev] How to assign variable of specific type into another meory address space

winter Liu via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Apr 8 23:15:02 PDT 2017

Hi,

I'm working on a target which has two separate memory address space, one is for general data type, i.e., char, int, float, and so on, the other is allocated for vector type. Currently the compiler is ready for general types, but I have no idea of how to implement  the rest.

Due to separate address space, maybe another backend for vector type is a kind of solution. However, I don't think it's a good idea. Could you please give me some advice ?

Yours,

Winter