[llvm-dev] (Thin)LTO llvm build

Teresa Johnson via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Sep 30 09:55:56 PDT 2016

On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 9:35 AM, Teresa Johnson <tejohnson at google.com>
wrote:

> I just built a stage-1 compiler from the 3.9 release bits and built the
> lldb from head sources which worked fine. Let me try again using 3.9 build
> compiler to build 3.9 bits. Teresa

Nevermind - it looks like I didn't actually get the 3.9 bits. Anyone know
how to get 3.9 via git or git-svn? Typically I use git svn like so to get
trunk bits:

    git clone http://llvm.org/git/llvm.git llvm_${num}
    cd llvm_${num}
    git svn init https://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm/trunk
--username=tejohnson
    git config svn-remote.svn.fetch :refs/remotes/origin/master
    git svn rebase -l

I attempted to get 3.9 bits by modifying this slightly (the git svn init
command):

    git clone http://llvm.org/git/llvm.git llvm_39_${num}
    cd llvm_39_${num}
    git svn init https://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm/branches/release_39
--username=tejohnson
    git config svn-remote.svn.fetch :refs/remotes/origin/master
    git svn rebase -l

However, I still see latest trunk.

Teresa

> On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 2:55 PM, Teresa Johnson <tejohnson at google.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Tue, Sep 27, 2016, 2:38 PM Carsten Mattner <carstenmattner at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> No worries, if I get around it before you do, I will :).

>>> Only if 'ninja install` would reference the two executables. If that's
>>> case, and I haven't gotten that far yet due to ThinLTO not finishing,
>>> I'll consider copying those to the local build tree first.

>>> $ for so in lib/*.so; do echo $so ; nm $so|grep __morestack;done
>>> lib/BugpointPasses.so
>>> lib/libclang.so
>>> lib/libgomp.so
>>> lib/libiomp5.so