[llvm-dev] ERROR:Segmentation fault

John Criswell via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Sep 30 06:31:26 PDT 2016

Dear Varun,

Your question doesn't provide enough information for anyone to provide a
useful answer.

Your best course of action is to use a debugger (e.g., lldb or gdb) to
determine why your code is triggering a segmentation fault.  If you do
that, you can figure out what pointer variable is pointing to NULL or to
a bad memory location.  With that information, you can either fix the
problem yourself or develop a more focused question that people will be
able to answer.

Regards,

John Criswell

On 9/30/16 1:49 AM, Varun Patil via llvm-dev wrote:
> Help me Guys please
>

> Thanks and Regards
> Varun
>
> On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 4:59 PM, Varun Patil <varun.patil40 at gmail.com
> <mailto:varun.patil40 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Developer,
>
>     In my processor I am not using registers so I wrote Simple
>     register.td <http://register.td> file with bare minimum functions.
>     But when I am registering my target with llvm it is showing
>     "*Segmentation Fault(core dumped)*" Error and also same error
>     while generating table-gen for asm-writer.
>
>     Some one told comment out EditRegesterName function. because this
>     error is due to EditRegisterName it seems but where should i
>     comment means in which file should i comment this function Since i
>     am not using it in any of my files.
>
>     please help me guys.
>

>     Thanks and Regards
>     Varun

John Criswell
Assistant Professor
Department of Computer Science, University of Rochester
http://www.cs.rochester.edu/u/criswell