[llvm-dev] [RFC] Require PRs for XFAILing tests

David Chisnall via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 29 02:52:17 PDT 2016

On 28 Sep 2016, at 17:39, Chris Bieneman via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> My proposal is to add this feature to LIT (after proper code review, and I still need to write tests for it), and then to annotate all our XFAILS with PRs. Once all the PRs are annotated I think we should enable this behavior by default and require PRs tracking all XFAILs.

This looks very useful for LLVM itself, but please consider downstream consumers with this feature.  We have a few XFAIL’d tests in our downstream fork and run llvm-lit in our CI setup.  We obviously can’t open an llvm.org bug for each one, because they don’t relate to bugs in upstream LLVM.  Please ensure that we have a mechanism for disabling this (or a different spelling of XFAIL for local XFAILs).

David