[llvm-dev] [RFC] Require PRs for XFAILing tests

Chris Bieneman via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Sep 28 10:21:51 PDT 2016

This may be an unpopular opinion (and I don’t have the full context on those specific issues), but I believe that these are an abuse of XFAIL, and should probably be written in terms of REQUIRES instead of XFAIL.

I believe XFAIL tests actually execute, and are just marked as expected failure. If a test is not expected to ever succeed, we shouldn’t bother running it, which is what the REQUIRES directives are for.

-Chris