[llvm-dev] (Thin)LTO llvm build

Carsten Mattner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Sep 27 14:38:16 PDT 2016

On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 11:17 PM, Teresa Johnson <tejohnson at google.com> wrote:

> Sure, I will try this and let you know. Unfortunately, though, I
> have another big work commitment that is going to eat up most of my
> time through Thu, although I may be able to find some time to try
> it.

No worries, if I get around it before you do, I will :).

> I think so - what is confusing me is that your cmake command is
> specifying the same $PREFIX for both the install destination and the
> source of the llvm-ar/llvm-ranlib that will be used in the new
> build. Should the llvm-ar/llvm-ranlib in the cmake command use your
> moved-to PREFIX instead?

Only if 'ninja install` would reference the two executables. If that's
case, and I haven't gotten that far yet due to ThinLTO not finishing,
I'll consider copying those to the local build tree first.

> Can you nm the .so files in your lib dir and see if any reference
> __morestack?

$ for so in lib/*.so; do echo $so ; nm $so|grep __morestack;done
lib/BugpointPasses.so
lib/libclang.so
lib/libgomp.so
lib/libiomp5.so
lib/liblldb.so
                 U __morestack
lib/libLTO.so
lib/libomp.so
lib/LLVMgold.so
lib/LLVMHello.so
lib/LLVMPolly.so

Looks like liblldb.so does. Does that explain anything?